Drones to have fun and learn
TBox launched the project “Nature in action” for the new school year. In this project students are introduced to the control and programming of minidrones to solve curiosities of nature: our organism, plants, environment, energy and natural phenomena, among others.
The challenges require students to use their Computational Thinking: to combine their ideas with technology to solve specific problems. The programming of the drone is done through an application that has graphic blocks of instructions and different options to achieve the desired actions: loops, conditional structures, variables and more.
- Think neatly and with logic. Students define a series of steps or routines for the drone to complete a given task.
- Reach a goal. It promotes learning based on the recognition of error, where students build their knowledge from a tangible process of exploration.
- Promote interdisciplinary learning. It is possible to perform challenges in class to program the flight of the drone and complete different “missions” associated with different subjects of the study program.
- Go beyond consumption. With drone programming, students go beyond being “consumers” who drive the drone. They have the opportunity to program it to work autonomously as required.
Why with TBox?
With TBox we take better advantage of the investment in technology, since we offer a complete solution that includes:
- Didactic strategy and variety of activities under the STEAM approach (acronym for Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Mathematics).
- All the necessary materials from our learning platform.
- Training, advice and follow-up to guarantee learning outcomes.